Saturday, June 5, 2010

Online Dating Worked For Me!

5 years ago I signed up for match.com and was matched with a guy who lived just a few miles away from me...he was nice but extremely shy...we dated for several weeks discussing our pasts and our dreams for the future but I ended up deciding that I was unsure of what I wanted at 20 years old and we both moved on.

We've kept in touch afterwards, sending a text message here or there, we even tried dating again. Yet once again I called it quits.

After some time we lost touch again and I was still searching for the "love of my life".

2 years ago I signed up for eHarmony.com and guess who I was matched with? The same guy, of course! We tried to date again, even discussing a future together but once again I decided to walk away.

I never stopped thinking about him and on January 1, 2010 I decided I wanted to give us another try, realizing that he was a kind, respectful man who cared for me way more than I could have hoped for. He cautiously started a dating me again, willing to yet once again give me another chance to figure out my feelings.

Of course, it only lasted a few weeks before I told him I just needed more time...most guys who have gave up by now. Yet, he kept in touch with me, being a good friend.

Forward 6 months to now and guess what? We have started dating again but this time I've jumped in with both feet. I've put my fears and worries of losing my independence or possibly settling and decided this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with :)

Details about "My Other Half"...31, just graduated with his Masters degree in Social Work and has his Bachelors degree in Psychology, kind, giving, compassionate, responsible, dependable, dedicated, sensitive, and the opposite of everything I am!

I'm grateful to My Other Half for giving me so much time and so many chances to figure out what I want for my life.

I'm blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment